A non-stupid look at a half-stupid, half-awesome revolutionary fad.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Open! 14.0

I got talked into the Open. It's only $20. I'm bitter about our Crossfit Overlords raking in $20 x however-many-people-sign-up (100,000+ last year I believe), all for coming up with 5 workouts and a signup page. But some friends are doing it, it seems like it'll be a fun thing to talk about for a month or so, so for 20 bucks why not. If you haven't registered, you might want to consider it. At the very least, for 5 weeks you will have a conversational pretext with other attractive Crossfitters with whom you might otherwise not be permitted to speak. We'll worry about the other 47 weeks of the year later.

I'm in pretty terrible shape, I have bronchitis (maybe), so expectations are low. But it might be fun to try the workouts again in 6 months and see what happens.

To The Open!

No comments:

Post a Comment